She felt like her stomach was blowing up.
"No Spanx, no girdle would hold it in," says Dr. Don Colbert of one of his female patients whose story he has seen repeated thousands of times, he tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
This particular patient, he says, was around 40 years old and had visited multiple specialists seeking relief. "She had taken antibiotics in the past, had been on antibiotics for acne," he says. "And she had developed problems with loose stools, and she would have a lot of bloating, a lot of gas and just felt horrible."
Colbert checked this patient to determine which type of probiotics she might need, and it turned out that she had small intestinal fungal overgrowth, "where fungus was growing in her gut," he says. "So what I did was absolutely amazing. I put her on my Gut Zone Diet. Now, the Gut Zone Diet contains these resistant starches that feed the good bacteria. And you say, 'Wait, I didn't think I was supposed to eat sweet potatoes and yams.'"
Colbert says in fact, a small sweet potato—not loaded with butter or coated with cinnamon and sugar—makes an excellent way to feed the gut bacteria. He put this woman on a sweet potato a day and started her on the Gut Zone Diet, detailed in his new book, Dr. Colbert's Healthy Gut Zone. He also put her on a yeast killer, which he says, "was in a statin that is not absorbed; it just goes to the gut, killing the bad yeast that's caused most of her problems for all these years."
"She'd been to all these GI doctors, had all these tests; no one could figure it out," he says. "And literally within four weeks, all her symptoms were gone."
For more from Dr. Don Colbert about how proper nutrition can help the body heal itself and end our intestinal problems, weight gain and bloating, listen to this entire episode of Greenelines here, and be sure to check out his most recent book, Dr. Colbert's Healthy Gut Zone, wherever fine books are sold.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details