As others pushed through the polished progression of round after round of golf, the lone woman waited.
And waited some more.
No one seemed to know her name—or even care that she had one.
The spreading oak tree, 30 yards behind the green, hid her from the view of most golfers there on the course in Huntington, West Virginia.
They didn't notice her flowing brown hair, handmade dress or pearls. They paid no attention to the handbag she carried in the bend of a right elbow or the flowers clipped into her hair.
But a young Dr. Steve Greene noticed. A novice golfer, he often found himself far back from the green where, he says, "I didn't give her much thought. I just thought she was waiting for someone; that was where people picked her up."
Whenever he golfed, he saw her. And as the months went by, whenever he golfed, he wondered why she was there.
As it turns out, the woman was waiting for someone. A someone who had left many years before.
"I finally asked the old golf pro, whose best skill, in my opinion, was hotdog serving, about this lady with a bag—because he had called the police about her many years prior to my questions," Greene says in the first-ever episode of the perennially popular Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. This week, that podcast will host its thousandth show.
To learn who the woman waited for—and why Greene says her story reminds him to lead others with hope—listen to the entire podcast at this link. And be sure to subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details