"When I got into a new job, there was someone who was very condescending to me," says Ryan Howard.
And he knows he's not alone in this experience, Howard, a global manufacturing expert, tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. His ministry and podcast, both titled Your Faith at Work, exist to address issues just like this.
"And I think this is what's so important is because many people, they hear that 'Your Faith at Work,' and they think, OK, great. My work is meaningful. It matters to God; He cares about it. OK, great. ... And they kind of go on to the next thing," Howard says.
However, he adds, applying real faith to real work involves much more than that: "That difficult boss that you have, or that difficult relationship, or that thing you messed up or that thing you forgot to do, or ... these sort of other crises of faith that may come up."
And Howard has applied this attitude multiple times, he says. In the situation with the condescending co-worker, he says, "Normally, I wouldn't let that go. But I was new to the department. And some time went by, and I finally woke up to that."
After the condescension happened in view of others, Howard says, he spent time researching online about how to deal with it and found no answers—until he decided to consult God.
"Something just kind of floated to the top, and I got what I felt God was saying: 'You need to say this,'" he says. "And so I said, 'OK, give me the open door. And I'll say it.'"
The next morning, Howard says, he went into the office at 6 a.m., only to encounter the person with whom he had the issue. The two talked, and "We just completely unraveled this whole thing that 10 hours of counseling discussion couldn't have done," he says.
Howard says it's critical that we go to God about specific work issues and recognize that "He wants to use it. He may be shaping you for something; He may be honing you."
For more from Ryan Howard on applying your faith in the workplace, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines here, and be sure to check out the Your Faith at Work podcast as well. Subscribe to both Greenelines and Your Faith at Work on your favorite platform so you catch each inspiring, informative episode.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details