Prior to 2020, David Jeremiah couldn't have known the extent of the chaos and angst the new year would bring to the church and to the world.
But Jeremiah, founder of Turning Point Ministries and pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, California, knew there must have been a reason the Lord had led him to begin a deep study of the Psalms. And, as the unexpected events 2020 began to unfold, he soon began to realize why.
It led the bestselling author to write Shelter in God: Your Refuge in Times of Trouble, to let believers know that God is always walking beside us, even through the worst of times.
"I had done some homework in the Psalms over a long period of time, and when this whole thing hit, it just it just seemed to me this was time for the Psalms to get working in the lives of God's people," Jeremiah told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "And actually, there are some songs that are called 'the sheltering psalms.' And that's what some of these are."
"The miracle of this whole thing was from the day we decided to do this until the book was in our hands was four weeks. That's never happened in my lifetime ever in 40 books. That was a God thing, for sure. And, I did a little video along the way about how God over the years has sheltered people, and whenever the sheltering is over, life is always better for the people who went through it. That thing got kind of crazy and went viral and, believe it or not even ended up in India.
"The Psalms are some of my favorite portions of the Word of God. And, in many respects, the Psalms are like a journal that David kept in his life. And when you find where the Psalms belong historically in the in the play out of David's life, it's really instructive. When you follow David in the Psalms, you learn how to pour out your heart to the Lord."
For more about how to find shelter in God during a crisis, listen to this entire podcast.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.