Years ago, apostle Venner Alston came to a revelation. She realized that, if she were going to defeat the enemy through spiritual warfare, she must keep a guard on her mouth and prevent negativity from spewing forth from it.
That is one of the main reasons, she says, that many believers do not experience victory and breakthrough in their own lives. They open the door for Satan's attacks with their own words.
"All too often we are guilty of what I call self-sabotage," Alston told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "Every time we speak, we are creating something, and the words we speak are powerful.
"When we make statements like, 'I'm never going to make it or this is never going to happen for me,' we will have what we say. We keep putting those negative words in the atmosphere, but that's the harvest that we are going to reap. Because we keep putting negative words in the atmosphere, we are sabotaging our own prayers. From that perspective, we have to set a watch over our mouth and say what God says and come into agreement with God and be consistent in the place of prayer. Ask the Lord to give you your war strategy.
"You don't have to experience flatline living with the same setbacks. There is a strategy God gives us to overcome our enemy. You have to be willing to let the Spirit of God help you ascend to the next level.
"We know that, in the spirit, God is moving in your prayers. We just can't see it through the eyes of our understanding because our ways are not His. When you have a promise of God, it is not a gesture of what you would like to do. It's God's intent. Once we have the prophetic promise of God, we know what God will do for us. We have to learn how to pray and decree that word. We have to keep that word in front of us so that we are moving in time with God, so that we don't lose sight and focus on what God has for us."
For more about Alston's ministry and how to defeat the enemy, listen to this podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer