This article originally appeared on Curt Landry Ministries.
*Note: This is the first of a two-part series.
The power of life and death is in the tongue (Prov. 18:21). To remove generational curses in heaven's courtroom, it's important to speak God's Word that cancels the curse.
God's Word is the sword of the Spirit. It splits bone from marrow. It is the only weapon that can remove iniquities, cutting them away from your life.
We are going to walk through these six steps to removing generational curses in heaven's courtroom.
- Make a choice to be in God's Word
- Enter into the courts and state your case (first stepping into your identity in Yeshua)
- Repent and forgive
- Renounce the curse
- Apply the blood
- Strike out the words of the accuser
God has words written for you in heaven. But the enemy has words written for you too. By the power of the blood of Yeshua, you can cancel the enemy's assignment and release God's Word from Heaven.
We're dealing with the issue of generational curses. I want to talk to you today about removing generational curses in the Courts of Heaven.
But I'm going to start with some of the most general questions, and then I'm going to lead you in prayer and instruction for breaking those generational curses in the Courts of Heaven.
4 Questions for You to Consider When Breaking Off Generational Curses in Heaven's Courtroom
- What is one step that you can take today to start connecting more with the Word of God? So we're going to deal with that question.
- Why do you think God's Word is referred to as a sword of the Spirit?
- What is an example of a time when God's Word divided soul and spirit? That would be Hebrews 4:12.
- What are the verses that the Holy Spirit has heightened to you about the power of the Word?
So I'm going to answer these questions real quick, and then we're going to go into the Courts of Heaven and apply it on this podcast with this precious time that we have.
- One Step You Can Take Today
Start by learning that the power of life and death is in the tongue and speaking out life, which we're going to do. We're going to actually speak it out, and we're breaking the generational curses in the Courts of Heaven.
So the first answer to that question is the power of your mouth and the spoken word.
- God's Word is the Sword of the Spirit
Why do you think God's Word is referred to as a sword of the Spirit? It's a sword of the Spirit because it actually cuts things. So if you can imagine that someone is tied by a chain or a rope and is held back, unable to reach outside a boundary or a perimeter, the sword of the Spirit comes like a cutting torch and cuts that chain or cuts that rope so that you can have freedom and go free.
- God's Word Divides Soul and Spirit
What is an example of a time when God's Word divided soul and spirit in your life? The scripture in Hebrews 4:12 says, "The Word of God is sharper than a two-edged sword, dividing the ways and the intents of the heart." So the way it is for me in my life, anytime I get a situation where I'm asked to do something, even secular things, it's just a habit I have. I always ask myself, what is my motivation for doing this?
- Am I motivated because I'm trying to network?
- Am I motivated because I want to make money
- Am I motivated because I want to have influence?
None of those things are bad, but I know just for me, I'm not in a season where I do that. If my soul is saying, "Ooh, I want to go to this meeting for influence, finance or something to gain for myself," I usually won't do it because it's like my heart is not right. For me, at this stage in my life, unless my heart is to help those I'm meeting or interacting with and not self-promotion, then I'm spiritually ready to go.
If I have hesitation and I'm in that other realm, I either deal with it in my heart or I don't go at all.
- The Holy Spirit Highlights God's Word
What are the verses the Holy Spirit has heightened to you about the power of the Word? In Isaiah 55:11, it says that the Word of God shall not come back void but shall prosper in what it was sent to do. Here's a great Scripture for removing generational curses. Nehemiah 8:10 says, "Do not sorrow for the joy of the Lord."
Pray for Joy
You have to have the joy of the Lord. So many times when you need to be delivered from generational curses, you're not in a place of joy. So it's a choice. You may not be there today.
So let's just pray right now and decree and say,
- "Lord, the joy of the Lord is not a feeling. It's a choice. And I choose the joy of the Lord to be my strength this day. So Lord, cleanse me and wash me of all sins. And Lord, I ask that as I agree with these words today, that Lord, I am going to go into the Courts and I am going to remove generational curses in the Courts of Heaven to set my family and I free from these oppressive, demonic entities that are trying to steal our peace and to steal our purpose and our identity, in Yeshua's name."
Click here to view Rabbi Landry's book on spiritual warfare!
Bring Charisma magazine home with a subscription today!
Curt Landry, founder of Curt Landry Ministries, and his wife, Christie, travel extensively, preaching and teaching about the Jewish roots of the Christian faith. Together, their passion is to empower families to live and leave Kingdom legacies and understand their own personal heritage.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.