Why did God take me to hell?
Over the years, I came to understand a few reasons why God allowed me to experience this life-changing vision of hell. I know for certain one reason is that so many churches no longer teach the truth about hell. Many Christian leaders and scholars even deny that hell exists. Christian universities and seminaries have even taken to teaching annihilationism, universalism or soul sleep. There is in fact a growing deception in the church regarding the actual existence of an eternal hell.
While I never asked for this experience, and I never asked God to show me hell, I do know He wanted me to draw attention to His Word. I'm simply a signpost to point people to the Scriptures regarding hell. It's not important they believe my experience but only what the Bible tells us. I had been a Christian for 28 years when He gave me this vision of hell so I understood the importance of confirming any supernatural experience with the Word of God. This is the reason I spent seven years researching the Bible, which confirmed everything I had experienced. One of the reasons I agreed to write a book was so that I could document everything the Bible said about hell.
Having this vision of hell also gave me a better appreciation of what we are saved from: an eternal place of torment. It caused me to walk more in the fear of the Lord, to walk in holiness and to obey His Word. Proverbs 16:6 (KJV) says, "By the fear of the Lord, men depart from evil." It gave me an urgency to share the way of salvation, and more of a passion to warn others about where they will end up if they don't repent and receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. In 2 Corinthians 5:11 (MEV), Paul said, "Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men." When we understand the severity of hell, we are more persuasive with men and we understand the urgency of sharing the gospel.
For those who express that they wish God would give them a vision, be aware you will be expected to do more for the kingdom. The Bible says in Luke 12:48 (NKJV), "For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more." Having this kind of vision altered the course of my life and it would surely alter yours.
Bill Wiese is the author of New York Times bestselling book, 23 Minutes In Hell, the story of his life-changing visit to hell in 1998. Bill has since authored six additional book titles and continues to share his experience around the world. He and his wife Annette founded Soul Choice Ministries in late 2006 and have dedicated their lives to reaching the unsaved. For more information about Bill Wiese and Soul Choice Ministries, please visit us at: soulchoiceministries.org/. You can find more of Bill's teachings at: youtube.com/user/BillWieseTV.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details