Grieving members of the Christian band Casting Crowns paid tribute earlier this week to Andy Williams, their former drummer, who died early Monday morning from injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident in late June while on his way to church.
The band posted this message from Williams' family on its Instagram page. The message was first posted on the Grace Chapel Fairview Facebook page:
"Early this morning, around 1:00 am, Andy Williams went to be with Jesus. He fought a great fight, but the injuries that he suffered took a toll on his physical body. You prayed along with us that Andy would be healed. You prayed along with us that Andy would wake up. You prayed along with us that God would perform a miracle.
"While we mourn that Andy isn't here with us, and that we didn't get to witness the miracle we longed for here on earth, all of our prayers were answered. He is healed, he is awake and we believe that he is more alive today than he has ever been. We hold fast to Paul's words that we look not to the things that are seen, but to those things that are unseen, for they are eternal. We celebrate that Andy is in the arms of his Savior and we are grateful for the memories and laughter that Andy brought to all who knew him. We can't thank you enough for your prayers, support, and unending love. You have walked with us through this very difficult journey and we felt you there the entire way.
We love you so much and we thank you for the support. At this time the family has requested that you respect their time together and allow them to receive some much-needed rest."
A GoFundMe has been set up to help Williams' wife and children with medical bills. It has raised about $77,000 of its $250,000 goal. You may donate to it here, and please join the Charisma News Staff in praying for the Williams family and all who mourn his loss.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details