As church leaders around the world adjust to post-pandemic times, many are struggling with how to best continue ministry. And in Spanish-speaking communities—where families have been affected by COVID-19 at much higher rates—grief, guilt and an array of other emotions present further challenges.
"Everyone, in some way, is wrestling in this new era of ministry and its personal, emotional, relational, and professional impact," explained Chris Swanson, vice president of Hispanic ministries at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
To help leaders navigate current circumstances, BGEA and Samaritan's Purse are hosting a free, online event called "Eternal Faithfulness, the Church in Action" tonight and tomorrow.
The virtual conference, which will be streamed online entirely in Spanish, is meant to enliven pastors and evangelical leaders throughout the Spanish-speaking world. In addition to a time of worship, attendees will receive training meant to help mobilize the church in this critical time.
"We recognize that the global situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is causing new paradigms for the church," Swanson said. "Pastors have to rethink how to 'do church.' Some are even battling with their own theology of suffering.
"[We] have a unique opportunity to respond in a relevant manner to provide encouragement and resources to these men and women—leaders of the evangelical church in Latin America."
The conference starts tonight at 6 p.m. Eastern and continues tomorrow with teaching at 10 a.m. Eastern and a concert at 6 p.m. Eastern, featuring musical artists Evan Craft, Ingrid Rosario and Redimi2.
Guest speakers include Aixa de Lopez, Christine D'Clario, Danilo and Gloriana Montero, Edward Graham, Jose Luis Navajo, Lucas Leys, Marcos Witt and Satirio dos Santos.
The conference marks one of a series of events BGEA has held in recent years to equip Spanish-speaking pastors. Last year, virtual formats of the event were held in May, July and December—all to help leaders effectively share the gospel and stay encouraged during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This article originally appeared at billygraham.org.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details