Sadie Robertson Huff and her husband, Christian, announced the arrival of their newborn daughter, Honey, on social media Wednesday.
"We saw a million little miracles yesterday—the best one being this girl right here ... Honey," Robertson Huff wrote. "The pure goodness of God."
The couple also shared photos of their new bundle of joy Thursday morning, with the caption:
"good morning world!!! I thought you might could use 9 pounds and 5 ounces of straight up goodness."
The former star of Duck Dynasty and Dancing With the Stars announced the meaning behind their daughter's name in April. She says it's based on her rendering of Proverbs 16:24: "Gracious words are like honey, sweetness to the soul and health to the body."
In her Instagram post, she detailed the sweet connection she has to the verse in her relationship with husband, Christian Huff. During the start of their relationship they studied Proverbs together and Robertson Huff recalls how she related the verse to him first.
"I called him the boy with the honey words," she wrote, speaking of his kind nature and the healing he brought to her life that she "didn't even know" she needed.
During a People interview, Robertson Huff spoke of the significance of calling Honey by her name even before she was born.
"Christian and I, really before we even knew it was a girl or a boy, we decided on a girl and a boy name, and so as soon as we found out it was a girl, we knew her name. It's been really sweet to get to call her by name and just know that," she said.
Honey's due date came and passed on May 6, with the 23-year-old taking to social media to frame the waiting period as a source of encouragement to others.
"it's hard to be patient. it's hard to sit in the uncomfortably of being 'almost' to a miracle you're waiting for. It's hard when you pray and pray and pray but nothing seems to be happening," she wrote. "But I've realized my prayers are for my will, my wants, my timing, and out of my rush."
Now the young author and speaker embarks on the adventure of life as a family of three, confident that "it's not my will, but it is His that will be done," Robertson Huff says.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details