Have you ever had to wait on God to answer a prayer or open a door? I know I have, and I am sure you have too. COVID has caused most of us to wait in our homes for a vaccine or the eradication of the virus. But even before this pandemic, waiting on the Lord has been and will continue to be a task each one of us endures.
A quick glance at a few biblical heroes reveals this truth. Abraham and Sarah waited for Isaac. Moses waited for the Lord to promote him as deliverer for the Israelites. Joseph waited for the fulfillment of his God-given dreams. All these people are mentioned in Hebrews 11, which is known as the great "hall of faith" chapter.
Even though not everything spoken to them about the salvation of the world came to pass in their lifetime, they pressed on in faith (Heb. 11:39). It was during this time that the Lord was preparing them for what was ahead. This is one of the main reasons we wait: preparation for our purpose.
How well we wait reveals our level of faith and our ability to be used by the Lord. There was a time in my life where I did not patiently wait for God and took matters into my own hands. Not only did I miss the Lord's plan in the moment, but it also nearly destroyed my marriage. When we decide to come up with our own solution, we remove control from our Father's hands and cease our preparation journey just like Moses did. And as a result of his disobedience, he was not able enter the promised land. Yet, the grace of the Lord always finds us when we have gone astray and realigns us to His will as He allowed Moses to see the land.
So how do we wait well in faith? Listen to Living in the Light on the Charisma Podcast Network (God is in the Waiting- Part 1 and God is in the Waiting- Part 2) to hear practical ideas to encourage you. God is right there with you teaching you, preparing you and blessing you. You can do all things with Christ who strengthens you (Phil. 4:13).
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details