"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 8:1a).
Nothing is more liberating than the freedom that comes through a relationship with Jesus Christ. Through a genuine salvation experience, we begin a life infused with God's purposes, mercies, disciplines and more.
Yes, salvation should be an ongoing adventure where we experience Jesus Christ in increasing glory! Unfortunately, the enemy often uses condemnation to confuse our identity and thwart our pursuit of true freedom in Christ. Many genuine believers live trapped in this satanic snare.
No doubt, the enemy is an expert at dredging up our past over and over again. As a result, many believers view their discipleship journey through the prism of past failures, traumas, abuses, fears, stereotypes and more. Instead of walking in Jesus' freedom, they wither as they trod the path condemnation charts for them. They may continue through religious motions, but deep down, they lack joy, purpose and effectiveness.
Thank God we don't have to remain in this cycle of condemnation. To receive freedom from this snare, we must embrace Jesus' glorious promise: "If the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed" (John 8:36).
Make sure and join me this week on Maintain the Flame on the Charisma Podcast Network, where I interview Pastor Teresa Verdecchio about her newest book and workbook, Crushing Condemnation: It May Not Be Your Fault, But It Is Your Fight. The content in this interview and book are foundational to a life of freedom and identity in Jesus Christ.
Keith Collins is the founder of Generation Impact Ministries and Impact Global Fellowship. He is actively involved in itinerant ministry, teaching and writing. In recent years, Keith served as the president of the Brownsville Revival School of Ministry and as the director of FIRE School of Ministry, which were both born out of the Brownsville Revival in Pensacola, Florida. His recent book, Samuels Arising: Waking Up to God's Prophetic Call, is now available on Amazon, and his podcast, Maintain the Flame, can be heard on iTunes and at cpnshows.com. You can contact Keith via his websites at keith-collins.org or impactgf.org.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details