There are countless believers around the world who are trapped in sinful bondage, longing to be free. Whether the bondage is sexual in nature or maybe even cheating, lying, stealing, drug addiction and the like, it's heartbreaking to know that so many of God's children can't seem to experience freedom from sin's tight grip.
On top of that, with the sin issue comes guilt, shame and self-condemnation which bogs us down. As the body of Christ, aren't we supposed to live holy lives? Jesus didn't just die for us to be forgiven of sin but also for us to live free from its power.
If that's true, how come more believers aren't walking in the full victory that Jesus purchased?
A real reason why believers aren't walking in full freedom is because they've never heard the full gospel. They've only heard a version of the gospel, one that doesn't magnify the truth of Christ's finished work and who they are in Him. They've embraced much truth regarding Jesus and the kingdom, but they've believed the lie that they are "sinners saved by grace" and will always struggle with sin until the day they die.
They've believed the religious lie that they have dual natures, one of sin and one of righteousness, that they'll always have to battle for their entire lives. On the latest episode of Awaken Podcast, Michael Lombardo speaks with Pastor and Worshipper Caleb Hyers about how to pursue gospel of grace and how liberating it is when we hear it and receive it by faith.
Have we been spoon-fed lies because of Scriptures taken out of context which don't reveal the entire truth about who we are in Christ? Is Jesus only strong enough to forgive us but not free us? Absolutely not!
On this episode, Lombardo and Hyers tackle Scriptures that many wrestle with when it comes to overcoming sinful patterns in our lives. They dive into the Word of God to prove that believers aren't prone to sin but prone to righteousness because of their new nature infused within them.
They break down the Scriptures that seemingly say we have a sinful nature that we'll always have to kill until the day we see Jesus. And they reveal the truth, so we can seize our God-given inheritance and live in freedom now, not just one day in heaven.
Tune in for powerful revelation, so you can walk in freedom you didn't know you could walk in.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details