During her father's funeral, Anne Graham Lotz told the audience the prophetic significance behind the date of Billy Graham's death.
"When he died, that was something very strategic from heaven's point of view," Lotz said during her portion of the eulogy. "I know that before the foundations of the world were laid, Feb. 21, 2018 was the date that God chose to take my father home. Why?"
When Lotz researched the date, she discovered that Feb. 21, 2018, is the day Jews focus on the Scripture reading that deals with the death of Moses.
"Moses was the great liberator," Lotz says. "He brought millions of people out of bondage, slavery, got them to the edge of the promised land, and God took him to heaven."
After Moses' death, God raised up Joshua to lead the Israelites into the promised land.
"My father was also a great liberator," Lotz says. "He brought millions of people out of bondage to sin, and gets us to the edge of heaven, the edge of the promised land, and God has called him home. And could it be that God is going to bring Joshua into the promised land, lead us into heaven?"
In the New Testament, "Joshua" is translated as "Jesus."
"I believe this is a shot across the bow of heaven, and I believe God is saying, 'Wake up, church! Wake up, world! Wake up, Anne! Jesus is coming. Jesus is coming,'" Lotz says.
"Jesus said that when the gospel is preached to the whole world as it is today in this service, as it is through churches, missionaries, ministries, Jesus said in Matthew 24:14, 'When the gospel is preached, then the end will come.'"
After her eulogy-turned-sermon, Twitter was ablaze with praise for the woman Graham called the best preacher in the family.
I join with @AnneGrahamLotz to pledge before God to faithfully preach the Gospel of Christ until I enter eternity regardless of the cost. #BillyGrahamFuneral #hope #weeping @CissieGLynch @Franklin_Graham— Penny Nance (@PYNance) March 2, 2018
Anne Graham Lotz... wow. Mantle passing from Moses to Joshua. Powerful. Prophetic— Douglas Witherup (@douglaswitherup) March 2, 2018
Billy Graham Memorial. Wow. First memorial I have ever taken notes while listening from home. Absolutely incredible.— Meghan Howard (@revhoward18) March 2, 2018
"Live your life in such a way that 5 minutes before you meet Jesus you have no regrets." Anne Graham-Lotz
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details