"I wrote this book because God told me to write it."
Many, if not most, Christian authors could make that exact statement. But Ginny Dent Brant, author of the recent award-winning book Unleash Your God-Given Healing, extends it with these surprising words: "I didn't want to write the book because I didn't want to talk about cancer. I didn't want to talk about the journey. I didn't want to speak about it or write about it.
"And when the hospital chaplain said to me, 'Ginny, consider this a gift from God for you to help other people,' my first response was, "But you don't understand. I don't want this gift. I'll never write a book about it."
But Brant tells host Marti Pieper on a recent episode of the Hope Through Cancer series on the Charisma Podcast Network, "Lo and behold, never say never. I wrote the book. And the award [the Golden Scrolls award from the Advanced Writers and Speakers Association] was like the confirmation: "See, I told you to do this."
Brant, diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer just four months after her mother's death from breast cancer, says, "It was shocking and horrifying, and I was still grieving her loss when I got the news." Because of the nature of her disease, multiple physicians told her surgery and chemotherapy were must-haves, not options, if she wanted to preserve her life.
But that didn't stop Brant from pressing forward to discover what caused her disease. "And what I found out was that we're all at high risk in this culture for breast cancer, with 1 in 8 women getting it and 1 in 1000 men getting it—and men shouldn't be getting estrogen-fed breast cancers, but they are. I went on a quest," she said.
What Brant ultimately discovered was a powerful integrated plan that involves lifestyle changes along with spiritual help to, as she puts it, "help my doctors to beat this cancer and lessen the side effects of all these treatments" as well as ways to help others prevent breast cancer. Listen to the entire podcast to hear more from Ginny Dent Brant on this special Breast Cancer Awareness Month episode of the Hope Through Cancer series on the Charisma News podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details