Legendary country music artist Garth Brooks received high honors at last Wednesday night's Billboard Music Awards, earning the 2020 Icon Award.
"If I had to think of one person or one entity, it would be God Almighty, for through Him all things are possible," Brooks said.
Fellow music entertainer Cher introduced Brooks and presented him with the award.
"Since his debut album, it seems Garth Brooks has stood at the very top of the music world," Cher began in her tribute to the iconic country performer. "Breaking down barriers, topping the charts and redefining the very nature of country music, both in the studio and on stage."
Brooks also thanked his wife, Trisha Yearwood, and his three daughters.
"I will love you for all my time on this planet," Brooks said. "Country Radio, you gave me this! To all those people who fill those stands, thank you! Thank you for my life!"
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.