Legendary country music artist Garth Brooks received high honors at last Wednesday night's Billboard Music Awards, earning the 2020 Icon Award.
"If I had to think of one person or one entity, it would be God Almighty, for through Him all things are possible," Brooks said.
Fellow music entertainer Cher introduced Brooks and presented him with the award.
"Since his debut album, it seems Garth Brooks has stood at the very top of the music world," Cher began in her tribute to the iconic country performer. "Breaking down barriers, topping the charts and redefining the very nature of country music, both in the studio and on stage."
Brooks also thanked his wife, Trisha Yearwood, and his three daughters.
"I will love you for all my time on this planet," Brooks said. "Country Radio, you gave me this! To all those people who fill those stands, thank you! Thank you for my life!"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details