When we are at our weakest, we are still anointed. The example of David in 2 Samuel illustrates that time after time, whether David was on the run fleeing Saul, or deep in the grips of sorrow, he never lost his anointing.
You may feel weak right now as you navigate this pandemic, but the anointing is still upon you and you still walk in God's power, because you are still His child.
You will experience seasons where you feel weak, but it does not change the authority you have in every situation. Weakness and divine anointing stand together.
10 Things to Keep in Mind When You Feel Weak and Doubt Your Anointing
- God's greatest purpose is on its way to your life when you are at your greatest weakness. His greatest marvels come when you find yourself in utter weakness.
- God's people have winters and summers. It's possible to go through difficult times and even times of suffering and still carry a powerful anointing.
- The Bible is filled with people with little faith that God used mightily. You can be weak on particular days but God does not give up on you. There are countless times in Scripture where God's people felt overwhelmed in the moment but found victory when God delivered them.
- Sometimes your weakest moments occur when you are about to receive a new position or assignment. Opportunities in new places can make us weak, but that is because we look at it as if everything is up to us and forget we carry the power and anointing of God.
- The kingdom of God is one of opposites. You can be poor and yet rich. You can have joy in the midst of sorrow. You can have peace in the middle of a storm. When you are weak, you are strong (2 Cor. 12:10).
- In your most difficult valleys, you are still strong in the Lord. When you understand who you are, you will see that God is with you, He is for you and you are still anointed.
- When you go through difficulties it can cause you to question your standing with God. You may be going through difficult times, but when you are at your weakest, you are still a child of God. God promises to never leave you nor forsake you. Stand on that.
- What you are going through does not change who you are. You must define yourself not by what's going on around you but by what's going on inside of you. You may be weak in your circumstances, but you are as strong as the Jesus who lives inside of you.
- Your identity in Christ is secure. You have been anointed to walk in power. The devil will try to steal your identity so that you will not use your identity. His greatest fear is that you will remember who you are and whose you are and walk in the anointing you have.
- Misery and weak moments are momentary, but His love endures forever. This day does not define who you are. One day the trial is going to be over. Trials are temporary but His faithfulness is constant and endures every weak moment you will ever have.
It's time to fight. You may feel like everything around you is falling apart and you don't know what to do—which is why you have to remember you may be weak, but you are anointed. Take authority over your situation because you walk in the authority of God. What you are going through does not change who you are. The devil has no control over your destiny because you walk in an anointing he cannot touch.
We are the church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it!
We are dealing with the spirit of the Antichrist in our world today, but we serve a God who defeated this enemy on the cross—and now lives in you. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. You may have weak days, but those days do not define who you are. You are still anointed and have access to the very throne of God.
If you are going through a struggle, you are still anointed. Whatever you go through may bring weakness for a moment or for a day, but never forget that you are still anointed.
Jentezen Franklin is the senior pastor of Free Chapel, a multi-campus church. Each week his television program, Kingdom Connection, is broadcast on major networks all over the world. A New York Times' bestselling author, Jentezen has written 10 books, including his most recent, Acres of Diamonds, along with Love Like You've Never Been Hurt, Fasting and Right People-Right Place-Right Plan.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details