I spent 23 minutes in hell. There are those who think that hell doesn't exist, or that it's not a literal place of pain and suffering. But if you could see hell for just five seconds, you would think differently. Hell is so severe, so horrifying and so utterly detestable that you would do anything to escape it for even those five seconds, much less for an eternity.
We can understand the repulsion to an eternal place of torment. But at the same time, we have to understand that God gave the most precious thing He had to keep us out; His own Son!
Many people just don't want to believe that hell is real. They simply cannot reconcile a loving God with a God who would allow eternal torment. What does the Bible really say about this horrific place? Can we be certain that hell is not just a metaphor? Do we know what Jesus Himself said about hell?
Some pastors and scholars state that hell is merely separation from God, but not actual torment, as if separation would not be so severe. Indeed, hell is separation from God. But to many, that implies no real pain experienced. What they don't understand is that separation from God is much worse than anyone can ever imagine. Everything good we experience is from God (James 1:17). To be separated from Him would be the same as being separated from all good. You can't have the good without God.
Most people believe in heaven, but not nearly as many believe in hell. Do we reject the truth about hell because it is uncomfortable? Do we risk our own eternity and believe our own opinion instead?
We must ask ourselves, "If there is no hell, then why did Jesus Christ die a horrific death on the cross according to the Scriptures and rise from the dead? What did He save us from?"
For more teaching on this topic, click here to listen to the entire podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer