I spent 23 minutes in hell. There are those who think that hell doesn't exist, or that it's not a literal place of pain and suffering. But if you could see hell for just five seconds, you would think differently. Hell is so severe, so horrifying and so utterly detestable that you would do anything to escape it for even those five seconds, much less for an eternity.
We can understand the repulsion to an eternal place of torment. But at the same time, we have to understand that God gave the most precious thing He had to keep us out; His own Son!
Many people just don't want to believe that hell is real. They simply cannot reconcile a loving God with a God who would allow eternal torment. What does the Bible really say about this horrific place? Can we be certain that hell is not just a metaphor? Do we know what Jesus Himself said about hell?
Some pastors and scholars state that hell is merely separation from God, but not actual torment, as if separation would not be so severe. Indeed, hell is separation from God. But to many, that implies no real pain experienced. What they don't understand is that separation from God is much worse than anyone can ever imagine. Everything good we experience is from God (James 1:17). To be separated from Him would be the same as being separated from all good. You can't have the good without God.
Most people believe in heaven, but not nearly as many believe in hell. Do we reject the truth about hell because it is uncomfortable? Do we risk our own eternity and believe our own opinion instead?
We must ask ourselves, "If there is no hell, then why did Jesus Christ die a horrific death on the cross according to the Scriptures and rise from the dead? What did He save us from?"
For more teaching on this topic, click here to listen to the entire podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details