Country singer Randy Travis honored his late pal Charlie Daniels with an inspirational video of Daniels praying for him.
"We laughed, cried and prayed together. Not only was he a gift to us, but to the entire world. A few years ago, Charlie had a colt born on my birthday and named him after me," said Travis. "The memories go on and on, so I'll leave it at this—Charlie, thank you for everything you've done for me, your endless support of us, your unconditional love and the sweet memories."
Pop Culture provided more context to the sweet video tribute:
Travis used Instagram to share a video of himself and Daniels backstage at the 2016 CMA Fest in Nashville, Daniels asking Travis if he wanted to get back on stage again. In 2013, Travis suffered a debilitating stroke that affected his ability to talk and sing, but Daniels told his friend he knew he wanted to return to the stage.
After Travis nodded, Daniels asked him if he could pray for him before taking his friend's hand and leading them in prayer, the clip ending in the middle of Daniels' message.
Charlie Daniels was one of the finest gentlemen I have ever known. He, and Hazel, have been two of my and Mary's dearest friends over the past years. We laughed, cried and prayed together. Not only was he a gift to us, but to the entire world. A few years ago, Charlie had a colt born on my birthday and named him after me. The memories go on and on, so I'll leave it at this — Charlie, thank you for everything you've done for me, your endless support of us, your unconditional love, and the sweet memories. It is my greatest honor to be your Country Music Hall of Fame classmate--you will live on forever as my hero... my friend. I love you. @thecharliedanielsband
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details