I love the Fourth of July holiday that is celebrated in the United States. It represents freedom and liberation.
I believe there is a correlation in the spiritual realm that happens around the Fourth. Deuteronomy mentions there is a spiritual natural correlation.
Jesus came to set at liberty those who are oppressed (Isa. 61). Liberation is setting free from slavery, imprisonment or oppression. Mental ailments and mind issues are imprisonment. We all know the battle is in the mind. Wouldn't you like your mind liberated this Independence Day?
Our mind obtains freedom each time we capture a thought, take it captive and dismiss it instead of entertaining it. The key is recognizing the lie, binding it and dismissing it instead of entertaining it.
I remember one time my daughter struggling with rejection. She was the last one on the worship team after they had already formed their social group. She would not get invited to outside activities and would feel left out. As she progressed through identifying the problem and rejection, I recall her sitting in my chair for ministry and saying, "Mom, I know it is rejection. I know it is a lie and I am capturing those thoughts. I am not allowing it to affect me."
One of the keys to our liberation is acknowledging and accepting we have a problem and then actively doing something about our problem. She desired liberation, pressed through to obtain it and received it! It doesn't mean rejection never attacks her. It is what she does with the thought when it begins to infiltrate her mind that counts. She captures it! She recognizes it is a lie and then dismisses it.
One of the greatest keys to freedom I can give you is to live out 2 Corinthians 10:3-5. Capture every thought! In this special freedom episode of the Prophetic Spiritual Warfare podcast, learn how this can be your season of liberation!
Kathy DeGraw is a prophetic deliverance minister releasing the love and power of God to ignite and activate people, release prophetic destinies and deliver people from the bondage of the enemy. She is the founder of Kathy DeGraw Ministries and K Advancement LLC. Kathy hosts a weekly podcast show called Prophetic Spiritual Warfare on the Charisma Podcast Network. She additionally, has several online empowerment courses at charismacourses.com. She is the author of several books, including: Speak Out, Discerning and Destroying the Works of Satan, Unshackled and Warfare Declarations. You can connect with Kathy on Facebook or visit kathydegrawministries.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details