The paradox of walking with Jesus is that in order to manifest the power of His resurrected life, we must continually be conformed by embracing the cross-shaped life. When we are troubled, it's the power of His wounds that display the power of His Resurrection. Michael Gorman argues that "Paul wanted his life and ministry to tell a story, an experience that brought a re-presenting of the word of the cross in living form."
In other words, Paul demonstrated that the Bible is not just a book of instructions (though it does contain that), but the history of His story being seen in humanity. The narrative of the story of the crucified Christ can be seen and displayed in the narrative of the life of believer by embracing our weakness so the power of His resurrection can be seen.
In this time of darkness, the key to breakthrough is for the light of the glorious gospel to shine through embracing tension of walking the revelation of both Lion and the Lamb, the suffering servant and the conquering King. Jesus is the beginning and the end; therefore, every area of our lives where He begins to reveal Himself will simultaneously lead us to the end of ourselves. It is in the revelation of His life that leads us to embrace a lifestyle of cruciformity (being conformed to the image of the crucified Christ).
In this podcast, we will discover how it through the weak mortal earthen vessels that the treasure of the glorious gospel of Christ is displayed. The treasure of the light of the knowledge of the glory of God seen in the face of Jesus Christ shines in the hearts of those who are blinded by the god of this world. When the power of an unending life manifests through an earthen vessel with limitations, it breaks the power of darkness and removes the veil of darkness from the lost.
To hear more of this revelatory word, listen to the podcast here.
Purchase Wayland Henderson's latest book on Discipleship: Walking with God: Repairing the Breach and Restoring the Ancient Path to Discipleship.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer