And now back to our regularly scheduled cultural suicide.
According to The Telegraph, Disney's new live-action Beauty and the Beast "will star a manservant exploring his sexuality." Super.
Apparently, Emma Watson's Beauty has gotten a feminist makeover, and the character of LeFou has the hots for his boss, Gaston.
The Telegraph cites an interview director Bill Condon did with the gay magazine Attitude. "LeFou is somebody who on one day wants to be Gaston and on another day wants to kiss Gaston," he said. "And Josh [Gad, who plays LeFou] makes something really subtle and delicious out of it."
We'll take his word for it on "delicious," but judging by the over-the-top campiness of the accompanying clip, subtle it ain't. If straight people had dreamed up Gad's mincing musical number, they'd be called bigots—and that's not even the "gay moment" Condon promises at the end of the movie.
It sounds like the whole story has been recast according to liberal identity politics. Dan Stevens, who plays Beast, said as much:
It's about that sense of persecution. Belle is seen as a bit of a freak within her community, this girl who reads and invents things and is a bit too clever for the local establishment. And Beast is obviously persecuted because of his appearance.
So why not toss in the gays? Attitude Editor-in-Chief Matt Cain "applaud[ed] Disney for being brave enough" to make what his magazine called the studio's "gayest film ever," though it's uncertain what's courageous about finally bowing to the most fashionable grievance group there is. As The Telegraph said, the movie "comes after years of pressure from some fans, who have petitioned for more representation of the LGBTQ community on screen."
They finally got what they wanted, and Cain, for one, is super-excited. "By representing same-sex attraction in this short but explicitly gay scene," he said, "the studio is sending out a message that this is normal and natural ..."
As I said, back to our regularly scheduled cultural suicide.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details