Flashy worship services are not attracting the millennial generation to church.
In fact, the authors of the new book, Growing Young: Six Essential Strategies to Help Young People Discover and Love Your Church, say the younger generation is exchanging "cool" for "warmth."
"When we spoke to more than 1,300 young churchgoers, ages 15 to 29, they told us what they want: authenticity and connection. In a word: warmth," an excerpt from the book reads, published in The Washington Post.
Terms that young adults used to describe their ideal place of worship included: welcoming, accepting, belonging, authentic, hospitable and caring.
The findings are called the "warmth cluster" and it's more important than having a lot of ministry programs, which can be a turnoff. For many Millennials "busyness does not equal warmth," the authors say.
Young people are not only looking for those in the church that treat them nicely, they are looking for a place that is "like family" where the environment of the church and worship center is more like a family room.
Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., All rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details