Flashy worship services are not attracting the millennial generation to church.
In fact, the authors of the new book, Growing Young: Six Essential Strategies to Help Young People Discover and Love Your Church, say the younger generation is exchanging "cool" for "warmth."
"When we spoke to more than 1,300 young churchgoers, ages 15 to 29, they told us what they want: authenticity and connection. In a word: warmth," an excerpt from the book reads, published in The Washington Post.
Terms that young adults used to describe their ideal place of worship included: welcoming, accepting, belonging, authentic, hospitable and caring.
The findings are called the "warmth cluster" and it's more important than having a lot of ministry programs, which can be a turnoff. For many Millennials "busyness does not equal warmth," the authors say.
Young people are not only looking for those in the church that treat them nicely, they are looking for a place that is "like family" where the environment of the church and worship center is more like a family room.
Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., All rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer