In a heart-breaking memorial service, former The Voice contestant Christina Grimmie's friends and families bid farewell to the young singer.
But in such a time of pain, they knew their hope was in something much greater.
"This crowd has blessed me beyond words," father Bud Grimmie told the crowd. "There is this gigantic hole in my heart that I know is never going to go away, but God showed me He is way bigger than that hole. I believe that. There are three things that keep me upright rather than being a crumpled mess in the corner. I know I am going to see her again."
The Grimmies raised their daughter to praise Jesus from the beginning.
"I don't have too much to say. I could tell you about the memories of when she was a baby and she lah-la-lahed and when she was getting a bath, I'd tell her to sing for Jesus," Tina Grimmie said.
In Christina's death, many fans remember her faith in Christ above all.
On a GoFundMe page, fans poured out thoughts and donations.
"I have been so touched and moved by Christina's faith in Christ. It has been really hard for me this week, but I rest assured knowing that she is in a better place. As I write this now, I know Christina is walking with Jesus Christ in heaven. I want to let the Grimmie family know that I am praying for you all and also for all her friends and fans. I pray for comfort and healing at this time for all. I guess now heaven's angels have another member in their choir. Christina Grimmie, you will be missed forever by me. It's goodbye for now until we meet again," posted user Samuel Spray.
Fan Shirley Hansen wrote in part: "I hope you find it reassuring that so many of us grieve with you. After watching the memorial service on the internet, I realized something; that Christina was a gift and a light, given to you and to the world, as an amazing instrument of Christ. All of our children are gifts to us, but Christina was an extreme example of how precious these gifts are."
"From there you continued to amaze me, and completely had my heart and became my favorite artist/vocalist/YouTuber/and person when I heard you proclaim your faith in Jesus—we were officially sisters in Christ. Though you were just one year younger than I am, I looked up to you so much, and you were such an incredible role model and inspiration for me—as a musician, a vocalist and most importantly a believer in Jesus Christ ... ," posted Joy Johnston. "Thank you for being bold in your faith, and not letting anyone or anything shake that foundation. Thank you blessing and impacting so many lives so deeply, including my own."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details