Sex Box has been canceled. The show caused the Parents Television Council to launch the #StopSexBox campaign in hopes of having the show removed from the cable bundle—and it worked.
Sex Box featured real-life couples having sex for a national television audience. Participants enter a soundproof box on stage, have sex and then discuss their "intimacy issues" with a panel of so-called experts. WE tv, which hosts the show, calls it a "groundbreaking, unprecedented and life-changing way for couples in crisis to heal their sexual and emotional issues."
"The theory behind the Sex Box is based on a revolutionary, scientifically proven concept: In the first 15 minutes after intimacy, the body is flooded with oxytocins and endorphins enabling people to really open up and reveal the root of their problems," the show description reveals. "Our couples have sex on stage in front of live studio audience in a specially designed chamber—the Sex Box."
Why was the show ultimately canceled? Deadline reports Sex Box didn't sell. The site reports only 378,000 people watched the first broadcast. The show eventually worked its way up to 490,000.
"Sex Box was a bold programming swing that broke new ground but did not connect with large numbers of viewers," WE tv said this afternoon in a statement to Deadline. "We are working with our production partners on a potential reformatted version of the show and are thankful for the efforts of everyone involved."
The Parents Television Council sees the cancellation as a major victory. Indeed, even if this so-called scientifically proven concept is valid, how does live sex belong on television? Isn't this just one more example of the Jezebel spirit's ongoing brazen media campaign? I think so.
"The program from its very outset was an affront to families, toxic to advertisers, and a clear demonstration of a badly broken business model that forces every cable/satellite subscriber to pay for unwanted and unwatched cable networks," said PTC President Tim Winter. "PTC members and other pro-family groups who signed petitions against the show are to be congratulated for their successful activism."
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.