One Media will release the film Persecuted on more than 600 screens nationally May 9 through Regal Cinema, United Artists and Edwards Theaters, with more to be added.
“We are thrilled to be in wide release with more than 600 theaters slated to open the film,” said Daniel Lusko, writer, producer and director of Persecuted. “We have interest from many partners to make this release a success and we look forward to announcing that over the coming months.”
“We have congressional interest, private sector interest and lots of media interest in this film,” Lusko added. “We as a nation are perilously close to losing freedom of speech and freedom of religion, and everyone we’ve shown the film to has remarked on how easily the plot of Persecuted could actually take place—or perhaps already has and was covered up.”
Advance screening events will take place at the annual National Religious Broadcasters convention in February in Nashville and at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in March in Washington, D.C., among others.
“There’s a Christian message here, a political message here and I think that it is very timely in regard to what some politicians might do in some cases to get things done,” Fox News’ Gretchen Carlson said of the film.
Persecuted tells the story of a modern-day evangelist named John Luther, played by Saturn Award-winning actor James Remar (X-Men: First Class, Django Unchained). Luther is the last holdout for a national endorsement to make sweeping reform in freedom of speech. As the government is mandating political correctness while covertly waging a war against religious organizations, a U.S. senator, portrayed by Oscar-nominated actor Bruce Davison (Lost, Castle), and his political allies create a sinister plan of denial and scandal to frame John Luther for murder. In his quest to clear his name, Luther will come face-to-face with the coming storm of persecution that will threaten the moral ethics and freedoms of America.
“I hope to wake up a world that takes freedom and truth for granted; I hope this movie shakes people up,” said Lusko.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details