Pastors Joel and Victoria Osteen will welcome Susan Boyle to Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas, for her first live solo performance in the U.S. during two Sunday services at 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. CST on Nov. 17. Both services will be live-streamed at joelosteen.com and rebroadcast on the Daystar television network three weeks later.
Boyle will perform three songs, including "Miracle Hymn," an original composition from The Christmas Candle film, in which Boyle plays a role, and "O Come, All Ye Faithful," her duet with Elvis Presley. Both tracks are on Boyle's upcoming album, Home for Christmas, which released Tuesday.
Averaging 43,500 in weekly attendance, Lakewood is America's largest church and the first stop on Boyle's U.S. promo tour for her fifth album and her major motion picture debut in The Christmas Candle, a feature film based on a novella of the same name by best-selling author Max Lucado.
"Victoria and I, like all of America, fell in love with Susan Boyle the first time we saw her," Joel Osteen says. "We are delighted and honored that she chose Lakewood Church for her first solo performance in this country."
Boyle says, "I am really looking forward to attending and performing at Lakewood. This will be the largest audience I have ever performed to in the USA, and I am very excited. I'm also looking forward to my first trip to Texas. Many of my Texan fans have traveled around the globe for me, so I am excited to be visiting their home state and singing in such a wonderful venue. It is also the first time I perform 'Miracle Hymn' and 'O Come, All Ye Faithful' to a live audience, so it will be a very special moment."
Boyle gained worldwide attention with her appearance as a contestant on the TV program Britain's Got Talent in April 2009, singing "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Misérables. She has gone on to become a top-selling artist, with more than 20 million albums sold worldwide, and has stormed to the top of the charts in more than 30 countries, garnered two Grammy nominations, and has seen her four albums go multiplatinum in more than 38 countries.
Adding to her myriad talents, Boyle will appear in her first acting role with the release of The Christmas Candle next month, in which she stars alongside Samantha Barks (Les Misérables) as Eleanor Hopewell, wife of the churchwarden in the enchanting village of Gladbury. The inspirational family film, produced by Impact Productions and Big Book Media and distributed by EchoLight Studios, releases in the U.S. on Nov. 22.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details