This year's Super Bowl ads provided an interesting glimpse at the wide variety of prevailing worldviews that resonate within the country in the present day. Two in particular, the Chrysler Group’s Dodge “So God Made a Farmer” ad, and the Go Daddy “Perfect Match” ad, provide a sharp contrast between two worldviews that abound in American culture today.
So says author Alex McFarland, director of the Center for Christian Worldview and Apologetics at North Greenville University, and creator of Project 2026 and the Truth for a New Generation Conference.
While the Dodge ad played on the work ethic and core values of the Christian worldview, Go Daddy pandered to those who hold a more postmodern worldview. As McFarland sees it, the juxtaposition illustrates far more than what sells: it shows the dichotomy of worldviews in America today.
“The Dodge and Go Daddy ads, when set side-by-side, really say more than, ‘We’re trying to sell a product here.’ They say a lot about prevailing worldview and culture. The fact that an ad featuring a well-known Christian lecturer and speaker could have as much of an impact as what was essentially soft porn on television that was censored by CBS, shows that there are two very distinct groups of Americans that these ads resonate with—and the worldview of each are at odds," says McFarland.
"If Americans do not realize that society prospers as a whole when the majority of people adhere to the hard work, personal responsibility, and ethics of the Christian worldview as illustrated by the Dodge commercial, they will end up seeking momentary thrills and pleasure that puts self above all else, and does not value others with whom we must coexist in society.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details