In 2000, the Clinton administration published guidelines governing the use of human embryonic stem cells in the Federal Register on August 23, 2000. On April 25, 2001, a scheduled review of pending grant applications was postponed to provide President George W. Bush and his new administration an opportunity to review the issue. On August 9, 2001, President Bush issued a long-awaited decision on stem cell research. He authorized funding of stem cell research using existing pluripotent stem cell lines that were derived from human embryos before August 9. Such research is eligible for Federal funding if the following criteria are met:
- there must have been informed consent of the donors,
- the embryos must have been created for reproductive purposes and in excess of clinical need,
- there must not have been any financial inducements to the donors, and
- the embryos must not have been created for research purposes.
During fiscal year 2002, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) funded the first grants to conduct human embryonic stem cell research, including both new grants and supplements to existing grants. In the fall of 2007, Hillary told the Carnegie Institute, "The Bush administration has declared war on science. When I am president, scientific integrity will not be the exception it will be the rule." Then, Senator Clinton said she was "committed" to seeing that stem cell research moves forward. She voted in favor of the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act, and has also worked to expand the budget of the National Institutes of Health. In 2014, the San-Diego Union reported that Hillary Clinton was advocating for Biotech companies especially those in California:
"California (undertook) a very important task in creating a funding stream for stem cell research," Clinton said. "Other states have followed suit, when it looked as though the federal government would not be doing that. States have a role to play, but we need a national framework."
Clinton was referring to the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, funded with $3 billion in bond money. The program was created in 2004 by California voters in part because former president George W. Bush, the first president to fund embryonic stem cell research, limited funding to those lines of human embryonic stem cells created by August, 2001. CIRM and the federal government also fund research with many other types of non-embryonic stem cells. On June 25, 2014, Hillary Clinton was interviewed by Jim Greenwood, president and CEO of the Biotechnology Industry Organization, at their San Diego Convention Center pushing fetal research and GMO's. "I don't want to see biotech companies or pharma companies moving out of our country simply because of some perceived tax disadvantage and potential tax advantage somewhere else," she said. "If Washington is not welcoming to this kind of effort, maybe it could be put together by the states that are the leaders in hosting biotech companies," she said, citing California funding stem cell research when the federal government would not. She also supported the promotion of GMO or genetically modified seeds which she labels "drought resistant." Recently, Hillary Rodham Clinton defended the Planned Parenthood abortion business, which sells aborted baby parts to biotech firms for medical research. Reprinted from SaynSumthn Blog.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details