It's hidden, but visible.
It runs throughout the world, but especially in corporate America.
This lurking danger is "a culture of low expectations," leadership expert Josh Friedeman tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. In the Christian business world, he explains, "We kind of masquerade it or treat it and talk about it as grace. We want to have grace with people because we're Christian people; we're supposed to be nice, but too often, we allow things to pass that shouldn't.
"And I think that while grace is obviously a very important thing, it's also extremely important to have high expectations," Friedeman adds. "Because we are on a mission as Christian people. Each one of us may have a different mission, but we're all on mission to be doing things for the sake of the kingdom for Jesus. And if we have low expectations for ourselves or for other people, things just don't get done that should get done.
"I think that Christians should be the most driven people out there," he says. "And I think a lot of them are. You can think back through history, people were willing to go through all sorts of incredible difficulty because they had a focus, they were on mission. Sometimes though, it's so easy to get lulled into this idea of we need to not push people, we need to have grace. And because of that, accidentally, we kind of form low expectations that keep us from hitting some of the potential that we really need to be hitting as the people of God, who were on mission for the kingdom of God."
For much more from Josh Friedeman on how you can succeed as a kingdom leader and take on God's expectations for your business rather than the world's, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link and subscribe to Greenelines for more inspiring stories like this one. Check out Friedeman's own podcast, Life as Leadership, also on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details