Americans are being held hostage by the Taliban, according to a senior Republican in Congress.
U.S. Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, told Fox News Sunday the flights are being held because the Taliban wants the U.S. to recognize them as Afghanistan's legitimate government.
Newsweek confirms that more than 100 Americans, along with another 1,500 refugees, were being blocked from flying out, even though they were already on planes at the airport.
The six private planes were chartered by Christian conservative media host Glenn Beck's Nazarene Fund and Mercury One charity, according to the website.
The Taliban grounded the flights after a breakdown in negotiations with the U.S. State Department, according to an NGO official.
Meanwhile, the Taliban is accelerating its reign of terror in Afghanistan, killing and attacking women, and even beating children.
Here in the U.S., final groups of Afghans have been arriving at Dulles Airport outside Washington, D.C. They are likely among the last to arrive after the U.S. handed Afghanistan over to the radical Islamic Taliban.
Men, women and children, old and young, have been quietly filling out of security checkpoints and onto buses one after the other, narrowly escaping the Taliban's renewed reign of terror in their home country.
Once migrants arrive at Dulles Airport, they are taken to military bases in Virginia to complete processing. Those who need assistance, get it. They are the lucky ones.
An unknown number of still-stranded Americans, along with tens of thousands of Afghan allies, have no way out.
In a race against time, a nonprofit organization called Jewish Family Service of Seattle is trying to help get her family and others to safety.
"It's very important to keep in mind the reason why these folks are in this situation is their service and their family's service to the U.S. military," said Rabbi Will Berkovitz.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., All rights reserved.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details