Afghanistan's Christian community is in urgent need of prayer as many try to flee the country following the Taliban's stunning takeover of the country last week.
Life under Taliban rule would be extremely difficult for Christians and new reports of persecution against believers have already emerged, International Christian Concern reports.
Beatings, torture and kidnappings are common for Christians in Afghanistan—some are even martyred. Those who convert from Islam to Christianity are often murdered by their own family members or other Muslims.
"We are telling people to stay in their houses because going out now is too dangerous," an Afghan Christian leader told ICC. "Some known Christians are already receiving threatening phone calls. In these phone calls, unknown people say, 'We are coming for you.'"
"The Taliban have been checking phones to check if there are any Bibles downloaded onto their phones," Boyd said. "We have a report that at least on Hazara has been killed as a result of this."
According to The Times of London, Taliban fighters have been going house to house in search of anyone who may have cooperated with Western forces "and were threatening to kill or harm their relatives if they do not surrender."
Rex Rogers of SAT-7 USA, a satellite TV ministry to the Middle East and North Africa, says the situation is "dire."
"We've seen the Taliban in the past, we know what they do," he added. "We may not know why things that happened to us, or in the world, but we know the God who knows why. We trust the sovereign God of the universe, who's also our Heavenly Father."
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., All rights reserved.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details