If you don't think there are any heroes who took action to save lives right before the Afghanistan debacle, think again.
An Oklahoma mother of 11 took it upon herself to rescue 10 members of Afghanistan's all-girls robotics team. She flew to Qatar earlier this month to try to get some of the girls to safety before the Taliban surprised the Biden administration by swiftly taking over the entire war-torn country.
What's even more amazing is Allison Reneau is hoping to save even more girls before the Taliban, known for their brutal treatment of women and religious minorities, has free rein to implement totalitarian Islamic sharia law.
NBC News reports Reneau, a 60-year-old Harvard graduate, took it upon herself to try and save members of the girls' robotic team.
She had been in touch with the team of girls ages 16 to 18 since meeting them as a board member for Explore Mars at the organization's annual Humans to Mars conference in 2019. The team had been recognized as the future of Afghanistan and was an example of how far women's rights had come since the U.S. liberation following the 9/11 terror attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C.
Reneau told NBC News she "couldn't shake" the feeling that the girls were in danger while watching the news of the advancing insurgent army in early August. She called Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., a ranking member of the Armed Services Committee, but that "lead went cold" when the senator became "overwhelmed with the need to help our American citizens."
Deciding to try by herself, she got on an airplane headed to the Middle East where she landed in Qatar, which is still thousands of miles away from Afghanistan. But she had a friend who could help.
"I remembered my former roommate in D.C. a couple of years ago was transferred to Qatar," she explained. "She worked in the U.S. Embassy in Qatar ... she was sure her boss would approve helping the girls."
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details