For decades, the Islamic Republic of Iran has committed great time and resources to the destruction of Israel. Over the years, cracks in support of the Islamic regime continue to grow. That helped lead to a historic visit to Israel this week by a group of Iranian ex-patriots.
The group's trip came at a tumultuous time for Iran. Demonstrators in the country's southwest are protesting the government's decision to limit their water supply. Several people have been killed and more protests have spread throughout the country calling for regime change.
"As we heard on the streets of Iran, people were shouting against the Iranian government, 'Israel is not our enemy. America is not our enemy. You are'—referring to the Iranian regime—'our enemy.' People in Iran realize who is their enemy and they are trying to do their best to get rid of the Iranian regime," Dr. Amir Hamidi, a member of the delegation, told CBN News.
While these protests continue inside the country, Iranians are showing support to Israel for the first time.
"They want to mark history," said Ellie Cohanim, senior fellow at the Center for Security Policy.
The group came with the Institute for Voices of Liberty, which is dedicated to encouraging democracy in Iran. Cohanim's family fled the republic when she was 5 years old.
"They are here to tell the people of Israel that they support them, and they reject the Iranians regime's antisemitism and genocidal desire to wipe Israel off the face of the earth," said Cohanim.
In 1979, the revolution led by Ayatollah Khomeini turned Iran from a pro-Western power to a country dedicated to destroying Israel and spreading its Islamic beliefs worldwide. The Iranians on this delegation call the past 42 years an aberration in Iran's long history.
"Unfortunately, this regime is at war with Iranian history, culture, civilization and, most importantly, the Iranian values of tolerance and acceptance," said Dr. Ben Tabatabaei, an international business and economist.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., All rights reserved.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details