The assassination early yesterday of Haitian President Jovenel Moise has sent shockwaves throughout the island nation and its people as well as the many churches and ministries serving there.
"We are in shock and very concerned about the future of Haiti," writes missionary Danita Estrella Watts, founder of Danita's Children, a 501(c)3 nonprofit whose mission is "to rescue, love, and care for orphans and impoverished children in Haiti, meeting their needs physically, emotionally, and spiritually so that they are empowered to become leaders in their communities and nation," per the ministry's website. Estrella Watts asks for prayer support—but the children she serves also need your Spirit-led giving.
"The Embassy is closed, the airports are closed and the borders to the Dominican Republic have been shut down and enforced with military presence," Estrella Watts writes in a letter to supporters. "The engineers working on our NICU notified us that they will be evacuating all of their staff in Haiti for their safety until further notice.
"We will begin to ration our gas for the generators, stock up on supplies and follow the instructions of the U.S. Embassy to shelter in place," she adds. "We are safe, but we ask that you please pray for the safety of our children. staff, missionaries and for peace in Haiti."
Estrella Watts also asked for continuing prayer for the ministry's nursing students outside of Port-au-Prince and for a recent tragic event involving other missionaries:
"Due to the gangs controlling 1/3 of the capital, it was difficult to bring them home. We chartered a six-seater plane, and we were able to bring them home safely. Unfortunately, the very next day, a group of missionaries chartered a flight to escape the blocked roads, but the plane crashed and all six lives were lost. The missionary community in Haiti is mourning."
A recent Facebook post from her ministry captures the need:
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details