In a press statement released on May 29 through its Twitter account, the Atheists in Kenya Society announced the resignation of Secretary Seth Mahiga.
The reason? He found Jesus.
The statement regarding Mahiga says, "This evening, regretfully, the Secretary of Atheists in Kenya Society Mr. Seth Mahiga, informed me that he has made the decisions to resign from this position as Secretary of the Society."
This evening, regretfully, our Secretary Mr. Seth Mahiga made the decision to resign from his position as Secretary of our society.— Atheists In Kenya Society (@AtheistsInKenya) May 29, 2021
Seth's reason for resigning is that he has found Jesus Christ and is no longer interested in promoting atheism in Kenya.
Mahiga made the bold choice to leave the organization because he was "no longer interested in promoting atheism in Kenya."
The statement continues, "We wish Seth all the best in his new found relationship with Jesus Christ. We thank him for having served the society with dedication over the last one and a half years."
The statement was signed by Harrison Mumia, president of the Atheists in Kenya Society .
Following the announcement, the society shared to its Facebook page a 30-second video clip of Mahiga sharing his testimony of accepting Jesus in front of a church and announcing his resignation.
"I had been going through some difficulties in life, and then I decided to resign as the secretary. I'm so happy to be here," Mahiga said to the congregation.
The organization announced alleged former Christian Emmah Shisoka as Mahiga's replacement. One Facebook user referred to Shisoka as their "former college coursemate," and commented on the announcement, "Less than an year ago, this damsel's WhatsApp status was full of the wellness of the Lord. She was so into Jesus."
John Matarazzo is a digital content specialist for Charisma Media, reports for the Charisma News Podcast and is the host of AlongTheWay on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details