Ashur Sargon Eskrya, one of the heroes of the Assyrian Christian people and longtime supporter of efforts to assist them on the ground in the Assyrian homeland, died suddenly on April 9, 2021, shortly after testing positive for COVID-19.
Eskrya was a graduate of Technology University and since 2003 had worked tirelessly to help the Assyrian nation, helping with relief projects in the country, making countless trips outside the country to assist the Assyrian Christian cause and stubbornly staying in the country to be with his people when many others left.
Eskrya was a committed believer, born in Mosul, Iraq, and in addition to his unrelenting efforts to provide assistance to the Assyrian Christian refugees, he never wavered in his belief in the promise of Isaiah 19:23-25, which all Assyrian Christians hold dear as the promise from God that they will have their nation:
"In that day there shall be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall worship with the Assyrians. In that day Israel shall be the third group with Egypt and Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the earth, whom the Lord of Hosts has blessed, saying, 'Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.'"
Former head of USAID Mark Green, now president of the Wilson Center, said of Eskrya, "He devoted himself to the recovery of his people and his land from the unspeakable horrors of genocide, and it is a great sadness that he did not live to see his good work completed."
"He was a tireless advocate for Christians and religious minorities in Iraq," said Knox Thames, the U.S. State Department's former special adviser for religious minorities. "I often sought his insights about conditions on the ground."
"He loved Assyria, he loved his people and he loved his family," said his brother-in-law. "He served everyone and now, with this sudden development, we are asking those he helped over the years to help his wife and three young children."
Assistance is being requested to help Eskrya's wife, son and two young daughters, who are suddenly left without support. If you would like to donate, click here.
Amir George directs The World Helpline at theworldhelpline.org.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details