Here are the top stories featured on charismanews.com::
More than former President Barack Obama and all others, President Donald J. Trump is America's "most admired man" in 2020, a recent Gallup poll reveals. The president tops the list with 18% of the vote; Obama received 15%.
The annual poll released Tuesday.
In 2019, Trump tied with Obama. Trump's receiving the top honor breaks Obama's 12-year run.
At the end of a 12-hour session, the Senate in Argentina passed a bill legalizing abortion today, Wednesday, Dec. 30. The law decriminalizes abortion up to the 14th week of pregnancy, with abortions allowed later in the pregnancy in pregnancies resulting from rape or endangering the health or life of the mother.
Until today, abortion in Argentina was illegal except for cases of rape or if the mother's health was in danger. The law passed, according to the Associated Press, by a vote of 38-29 with one abstention.
On Dec. 11, the lower house of Congress, the Chamber of Deputies, passed the bill with a vote of 131-117 with six abstentions.
Several deputies said change would bring regulation and remove stigmas on a practice that is carried out clandestinely. Deputy Graciela Camaño said that through the measure, "what is being done is to enable to discard the life of a human being."
Award-winning actor and former atheist Sir Anthony Hopkins turns 83 years old tomorrow. But today he celebrates 45 years of sobriety after a miraculous intervention.
In 1975, a woman asked him at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, "Why don't you just trust in God?" Hopkins admits that he was at such a point of desperation that he thought, Well, why not?
As he recalls his addiction and powerlessness to change on his own, he tells of a small inner voice that asked him to choose: life or death.
After he turned to God, his destructive desire for alcohol disappeared.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details