Thirty-two Ohio clergy have banded together to proclaim their support of Israel in a recent letter sent to Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The state of Ohio has invested in Israel bonds since 1993, making it known as the largest state holder of Israel bonds in the United States.
In October, nine more counties invested for the first time in Israel bonds, bringing the total number of counties in Ohio investing from six to 15 in a single month, adding $15.56 million in county investments in Israel bonds.
The letter from the pastors was copied to Knesset speaker Yariv Levin, U.S. Ambassador David Friedman and U.S. Secretary of State Michael Pompeo.
The letter states:
"First and foremost, as clergy from multiple denominations across the Buckeye Bible Belt, we want to express our profound regret regarding a 2017 World Council of Churches' (WCC) policy. This policy calls Israel's sovereignty of Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria 'illegal' and the expansion of its construction and settlements as 'illegal and unjust.' This same policy states its support of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanction (BDS) Movement in Jewish settlements of these listed areas.
"We want to assure you, Mr. Prime Minister, the World Council of Churches does not represent our local congregations, nor does its unorthodox view on Israel carry any authority."
The letter highlights the Ohio clergy's efforts to support the American government's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital as well as Israeli's sovereignty of the Golan Heights, Judea and Samaria.
The pastors expressed their "support for Israel" and sought to share their "approval of the construction and expansion of Jewish settlements in its sovereign territories."
"We are very appreciative of the personal support shown by this group of Christian clergy to Israel and the Israel Bonds program," Jay Schottenstein, chairman of Central Ohio Israel Bonds, wrote in a statement emailed to the Cleveland and Columbus Jewish News.
In their closing remarks, the 32 faith leaders shared their heartfelt appreciation for the strength in the partnership between Ohio and Israel, saying, "Together we are combating anti-Semitism and building a brighter future."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details