Xhavid grew up in Kosovo listening to the radio. He is Muslim by family background, but the family isn't committed to the religious practices.
"In our house the radio is always on," he said. "I have been listening to Pastor Jeton lately a lot. I like his perspective in life. I have learned a lot from his Bible teaching, Xhavid said. "I have always been searching for truth in order to become a better person—for my family and for my country. Thank you for these teachings. ... They are so much needed in our country."
Such testimonials impact Don Shenk, director of The Tide ministry.
"It is edifying to hear from listeners who are touched by the content of the programs, from Christians as well as those who are not yet Christian but are open to hearing the gospel message," he said. "It is amazing when we hear from unbelievers that they have been uplifted or are now putting their faith in Christ after listening to a Tide partner pastor. This makes it all worthwhile."
With a goal of spreading Christ's hope and wisdom worldwide to people of all walks of life, the ministry reaches those who already practice their Christian faith and those who may never have heard of Jesus or learned of His love and grace. The Tide broadcasts the gospel in 27 languages in nine countries. Kosovo receives both radio and TV programming—both on-air and online. The most recent addition is a television program that's geared toward young people, Shenk said.
In partnership with native missionaries, the ministry has been instrumental in bringing many into relationship with Jesus Christ, including Kosovars and Albanians, and establishing healthy, growing indigenous churches. Like Xhavid, many listen as part of their search for a deeper union with God, and, as they grow in understanding through the teachings of ministry pastors, they come to know Christ.
For nearly 75 years, the ministry has developed programs for countries like Albania, Bhutan, India, Kosovo, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand and Zimbabwe. With more than 7,000 languages spoken worldwide and more than 2,000 people groups yet unreached with the Good News of Jesus, the opportunities are tremendous.
To raise funds and awareness for the ministry, The Tide is seeking volunteers for the 2021 Year Beard Challenge. To accept the challenge, they will stop shaving and grow their beards. Sponsorships will become charitable donations. All funds raised will buy more airtime for gospel radio broadcasts in Asia, Africa and Europe.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details