The Holy Spirit is brooding over Argentina. That's what He told me as I was driving to my church, Awakening House of Prayer, in South Florida.
But He didn't stop there. The Lord showed me He wants to revisit Argentina with revival. He told me He's just waiting for the intercessors in Argentina to pull the revival down from heaven to earth. The outpouring the Holy Spirit has in mind is greater than the Argentine revival of the past decades.
I heard the Lord say, "I will pour out My Spirit in response to the hungry ones, the remnant intercessors who are not satisfied with yesterday's glory or yesterday's miracles. I will respond to the cries of the intercessors who understand that Argentina's latter shall be greater than her past. I will help them pray and push and break through to a signs and wonders revival that brings many souls into My kingdom."
When the Past Meets the Future
Argentina has seen many revivals. Most modern-day Christians remember the 1984 Argentine Revival, but the spirit of revival has hovered over the Latin American nation in even earlier revivals, including the 1949 and the 1954 Argentine Revivals.
Before the 1949 revival, mission boards considered Argentina the least fruitful mission field in the Western Hemisphere. In 1954, the largest churches had about seven members, and the three largest denominations had less than 600 members combined. The occult and Catholicism dominated there. Some reports cite hundreds of thousands were saved in these revivals, as well as healing miracles.
Again in 1984, the Spirit of God broke out in Argentina. By then, the old fires of revival had waned, and many saw the nation as difficult to penetrate with the gospel. Witchcraft was strong in the nation as well as Roman Catholicism. Many point to Carlos Annacondia and his mass evangelistic campaigns as sparking the 1984 Argentine Revival.
Deliverance ministry was a key marker of the revival. Miracles, signs and wonders were also part and parcel of the outpouring. Intercessors prayed continually throughout the campaigns. It's been my experience that when intercessors stop praying, the transformation fizzles. It's time for the intercessors in Argentina to go back to the prayer closet for another push.
Click here to read the rest of this article.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details