On Pentecost weekend, millions of believers will gather virtually during a historic event designed to equip and send out believers to share their faith all around the world—through digital spaces and social distancing. Go Day, on May 30, will mark the finale of this year's Global Outreach Month, a globally-recognized activation month for an ongoing evangelism movement fueled by Go2020.
Go2020 is a special, month-long edition of Global Outreach Day (GOD), which began in 2012 and is an annual evangelistic initiative on the last Saturday each May. The movement is a partnership of over 160 countries, 250,000 churches and dozens of denominations.
Though the world couldn't have predicted that Pentecost weekend would take place in the middle of a pandemic, Go2020 leaders are expectant about participation in the upcoming events and activation of evangelistic believers, as the world seeks hope in the midst of fear and uncertainty. The momentous events occurring over Pentecost weekend will be an unprecedented and unified display of the body of Christ working together to advance the Gospel, despite the setbacks, restrictions and uncertainties that the world currently faces.
Go Day on May 30 will be kicked off with the Make Jesus Known event, hosted by Pulse in partnership with Go2020 USA at 10:00 a.m. CDT. Nick Hall and members of the RZIM team, along with other powerful speakers, will be offering inspiration and practical training to put digital and personal evangelism into practice that very day. This event will celebrate the life and work of one of the greatest evangelists of this generation, Ravi Zacharias, sharing stories from those he has impacted and influenced in order to motivate others to make Jesus known. Participants will be encouraged and equipped to share their faith that day and invite others to join an online festival experience, Stories of Hope taking place at 7:00p.m. CDT on Go Day.
Stories of Hope will feature words of hope from Andrew Palau and performances from top artists including Hillsong United, Tasha Cobbs, Toby Mac and more. Additionally, audiences around the world will be inspired by powerful stories from celebrities including Tony Dungy, Kirk Cousins, Megan Alexander from Inside Edition, Jeremy Roloff from TLC, Clayton Kershaw and much more.
"Our world's desperate need for Jesus is becoming increasingly evident during these unprecedented times," says Hall. "In light of that, there is a growing need for practical advice and training on what evangelism can look like during this season. The Make Jesus Known event will have gifted and passionate individuals coming together to provide encouragement and practical training advice on how the church can go from this event and approach friends, family neighbors and individuals with the hope of Jesus during this time."
"We're absolutely waiting in expectation of the increase of the harvest that is already on its way right now," says Palau. "Doubly encouraging is to think of God's promises in an environment like this, with so many pulling together for the gospel. Just like we see in Psalm 133, 'How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity!... For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life forevermore!"
In addition to Go Day, a number of events will take place over Pentecost weekend and be hosted by Go2020 partners:
- The Outpouring Gathering – hosted by Watchmen for the Nations. Thursday, May 28, at 7:00 a.m. CDT.
- National Senior Sendoff – an inspirational virtual event for graduating high school seniors to be commissioned into the future God has for them, with music from TobyMac and remarks from athletes, artists and more. Thursday, May 28, at 7:00 p.m. CDT.
- Global Prayer Event – a Facebook Live broadcast by Unite 714 challenging believers to continued unity in prayer, daily time in the Word and obedience to the Acts 1:8 call of "every believer a witness," with entertainment and messages from leaders like Christine Caine, Brian Houston, Elevation Worship and Kari Jobe. Friday, May 29, at 10:00 a.m. CDT.
- GO day – Christians from around the world will be participating in Global Outreach Day. In the USA, it will start and end with the online events Make Jesus Known and Stories of Hope. All day Christians are encouraged to share their faith with someone personally or digitally. Saturday, May 30, starting at 10:00 a.m. CDT.
- Sound from Heaven Global Broadcast – a power hour of prayer, worship and encouragement led by Graham Power and key voices from around the world as a "Go2020 Declaration." Sunday, May 31.
May has been a month of movement as churches, ministries and individuals are leveraging new opportunities to reach people, despite and even through the challenges the church has faced.
"In all of my years of ministry I've never seen such a historic, unprecedented movement of prayer and unity in the body of Christ around a common vision to reach the world with the Good News of Jesus," says Dave Gibson, Go2020 USA Director. "Now more than ever, our world needs the hope of the gospel. It's time to make Jesus known! Let's Go!"
Go2020 is a united, global movement of churches, ministries and individuals to compel and equip every believer to engage in relational evangelism. The movement is a special, month-long edition of Global Outreach Day (GOD), which began in 2012 and is an annual evangelistic initiative on the last Saturday each May. The movement is an unprecedented partnership of over 160 countries, 250,000 churches and dozens of denominations, including National Day of Prayer, Campus Alliance, The Table Coalition, Luis Palau, All.America, Pentecostal Charismatic Churches of North America, Liberty Church Network, Converge, 4/14 Window, Trinity Broadcasting Network, Christian Broadcasting Network, CRU (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ), Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), Youth with a Mission (YWAM), Dare 2 Share Ministries, Pro Athletes Outreach, National Latino Evangelical Coalition, American Bible Society, Promise Keepers, K-LOVE Radio, Outreach Inc., Every Home for Christ and dozens more. To learn more, please visit go2020usa.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details