This weekend marks the one-year anniversary of the death of missionary John Allen Chau.
He was trying to bring the gospel to an isolated tribe of people on the island of North Sentinel located between India and Southeast Asia.
Chau, 27, took a ride with local fishermen to India's North Sentinel Island, which is home to a tribe of hunter-gatherers, who are cut off from the outside world.
A diary entry dated in early November 2018 chronicled how an island boy attempted to shoot him while he preached in his kayak during initial contact. The arrow hit his Bible. Authorities believe that the islanders shot and killed Chau during a later visit when he traveled to the island with the help of local fishermen.
In an interview with CBN's Newswatch Thursday, Dr. Pam Arlund, international team member of the Kansas City, Missouri-based missions group All Nations with which Chau was affiliated, said the young man's example has inspired others to pursue missions work.
"We are so pleased to remember John Chau and the amazing love that he had for a people he never met," Arlund said. "And so, one year after his death, we are asking ourselves how can we best honor his death and honor his service and sacrifice. So we have decided the best way is to continue to do what he did, which is to share the love of Jesus."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details