Over the weekend, the Church of England announced it will recognize the marriages of those who choose to transition in the time following their heterosexual weddings.
Essentially, the position of the church is the sanctity of marriage trumps the desire of one spouse to transition from male to female or vice versa, according to HuffPost.
The shift was announced late last week, ahead of the General Synod of bishops in York. The statement came after Prudence Dailey, churchwarden of St. Michael at the North Gate in central Oxford, asked if the church's established definition of marriage as a "lifelong and exclusive union between one man and one woman" still applies if one partner has transitioned.
Listen to the podcast to hear the story of a man who was set free from a transgender identity.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details