On Wednesday, June 26, two brave truth-tellers about the anti-Christian persecution threatening to result in full-fledged genocide in Nigeria will participate in a Facebook Live-streamed event from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. ET.
These Nigerian women, who have experienced firsthand the terrifying and increasingly murderous jihad inflicted by Boko Haram, Fulani militants and the Islamic State West African Province (ISWAP) on a growing number of innocent civilians, will report on their visits to Washington and Dallas made possible by the International Committee on Nigeria (ICON) and Save the Persecuted Christians (STPC).
The event follows a meeting Rebecca Sharibu, mother of Boko Haram "slave for life" Leah Sharibu and Dr. Gloria Puldu held with Vice President Mike Pence's senior staff, including Chief of Staff and Assistant to the President Marc Short. The event will take place on the same day as Mr. Pence meets with his Nigerian counterpart, Yesi Osinbajo.
Osinbajo is virtually the only Christian official at senior levels of the government of Nigeria, which is now dominated almost exclusively by members of the Islamist Fulani tribe.
As his remarks in New York this weekend demonstrated, he is also a dissembling apologist for those in his government who are either ignoring the anti-Christian jihad or are actually complicit in it. His own tribe in Nigeria, the Yoribu, has found those misrepresentations to be so egregious that they denounced him for them.
Thankfully, America's vice president has apparently responded to the truth of what is happening in Nigeria by summoning that country's vice president to a meeting today. The Nigeria Crisis Delegation will speak of its expectations of that meeting—in particular, the imperative need for holding accountable the persecutors and imposing real costs for their crimes against humanity.
Among the truths about the jihad in Nigeria that will be presented will be the story of what has happened to Leah Sharibu, who was kidnapped with 109 classmates by Boko Haram in February 2018. Leah is the only one of the surviving girls who has not been released because she refused to renounce her Christian faith.
Listen to the podcast for more about Nigerian persecution.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details