If you are in crisis, please call 1-800-273-8255 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org. You are not alone.
According to psychologists, excessive video gaming overstimulates the nervous system, especially for children whose nervous system is under-developed. It also affects the brain of the child, causing him to have trouble paying attention, managing emotions and tolerating frustration.
This may explain why an 11-yr-old Vietnamese boy's addiction to violent video games led to depression and suicidal tendencies.
Minh Viet's addiction to playing violent video games began at 8 years old, and since then, he's been at it for hours every day. One visible effect of his obsession is the uncontrollable blinking of his eyes.
But more alarming than the eye twitching is how these games led Minh Viet to think about suicide. One time came after his mother scolded him and took away his iPad.
Minh Viet said, "I cried. I want to commit suicide." When asked how this is done, he said he learned how to do it from his gaming. "In the video games, they jump off the roof."
Ngocanh Le, Minh Viet's mother, says she was disturbed when her son told her this. "He says that I will commit suicide. He cannot do what adults expect him to do. He feels he is a failure."
As a Christian, Ngocanh knew that prayer and the Word of God could solve her son's problem. But she also knew that Minh Viet needed something that would catch his attention, just like the video games.
That is why Ngocanh is so thankful "Superbook" has come to Vietnam and is translated in her own language.
She is so happy Minh Viet is interested in "Superbook." Ngocanh says, "He loves 'Superbook' very much. He has shifted from video games to 'Superbook.' He understands more about the Bible. And sometimes, he says to me he feels he's very sinful. But God has saved him. He was touched by God. And in school, he got very much improvement."
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.