A primary school in Cambridge is telling children that calling someone by the 'wrong' pronoun is "illegal."
Arbury Primary, which takes children between 4 and 11 years old, holds special celebratory assemblies when a child '"transitions" from one gender to the other and allows children to use whichever toilets match their chosen gender identity.
The school also urges parents to change their child's name by deed poll if they "change gender," in guidance which is being used by a number of other schools.
David Davies, member of Parliament, criticized the school's "completely irresponsible" advice, saying: "It's ludicrous that a school would suggest something as radical as a legal name change for children this young.
He added that the school should instead concentrate on teaching pupils reading, writing and arithmetic.
Stephanie Davies-Arai of Transgender Trend, a group of concerned parents, added: "For a primary-aged child to change their name by deed poll is a drastic step that will cement a gender identity that the child may grow out of."
The policy, titled "Being a Trans Friendly School," says: "Calling someone 'he/she', 'it' or deliberately the wrong pronoun is unkind and illegal.
"If you hear or see this type of language being used, challenge or report it."
It also claims that transgender children will be able to decide whether or not a deliberate attack has occurred.
The guidelines are featured on the school's website alongside a script for an 'equality assembly', written by Arbury head teacher Ben Tull.
The script says: "Some children are born in the body of a boy and know that inside, they are a girl. Some children are born in the body of a girl and know that they are a boy."
Schools in the Vale of Glamorgan have also been issued transgender advice, which says that boys who say they are girls will be allowed to share sleeping quarters with girls on school trips.
The guidance states that "trans pupils and students should be able to sleep in dorms appropriate to their gender identity."
And the Youth Hostel Association's new Inclusion and Diversity policy also invites transgender guests "to use the accommodation and facilities which match their gender identity."
Feminist campaigner Venice Allan said it was "disturbing," adding: "I always choose the women's dormitory when I stay at a youth hostel. I wouldn't feel comfortable sleeping near or changing in front of men."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details