A Canadian couple have shared how their autistic daughter's school encouraged her to "transition" without their knowledge.
The pressure caused the vulnerable girl such confusion it led her to threaten suicide.
The parents said their 12-year-old daughter was encouraged to pursue an identity as a male after joining the school's "Gay-Straight-Alliance."
The school subsequently contacted the girl's parents and recommended that they take her to a gender clinic.
It was only at this point they discovered that she was being called a boy's name and addressed with male pronouns while at school.
The parents say the school was "facilitating and going out of their way to transition her into becoming a boy" without their knowledge.
"To live a double life, where she's keeping this huge secret from her family, including her siblings, is exceedingly stressful, especially for someone with autism and body dysmorphia," they said.
With the help of mental health professionals, it was decided that the girl should only be referred to as a girl. Her mother said she was "adamant that she did not want to be a boy".
In Alberta, it is now illegal for educators to tell parents if their child has joined a Gay-Straight-Alliance club.
Earlier this year, a school board in the province of Ontario hosted training to share 'best practice' on LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP issues.
The acronym stands for Lesbian, Gay, Genderqueer, Bisexual, Demisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Twospirit, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, Asexual, Allies, Pansexual and Polyamorous.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details