Boys who "identify" as girls will be allowed to use the toilets, changing rooms, tents and showers of their choice—under new guidance from Girlguiding U.K.
The updated "Supporting Trans Members" guidance states that biological males can "use the facilities of the gender that they self-identify as."
Leaders are also advised not to tell parents if their daughters will be required to share shower and sleeping facilities with boys.
Girls at Risk
The Guide Association caters to girls aged 5-7 (Rainbows), 7-10 (Brownies), 10-14 (Guides) and 14-25 (Seniors).
This means under the new guidance, a 25-year-old man could share the same facilities as a 15-year-old girl without her parents' knowledge.
Feminist campaigner Julie Bindel expressed her alarm, saying: "The concern that I and many feminists have about boys invading bedrooms, tents and showers, is that disproportionately the victims of sexual violence are girls and women, and overwhelmingly, the perpetrators are boys and men.
"This signifies the end to girl-only space and the safety of girls in single-sex organizations."
Conservative backbench member of Parliament David Davies agreed, saying the policy will "make some girls threatened and uncomfortable," adding "the Guides shouldn't be doing that."
In January, Girlguiding U.K. announced that men can join as leaders—if they feel they have been born in the "wrong" body.
The 107-year-old organization advised that it would be unlawful to tell parents if their daughter is being looked after by a man identifying as a woman on overnight excursions.
The guidance on residential trips has now been updated to allow boys "to share accommodation with other young members if they wish."
"The use of gendered facilities, such as toilets, can cause anxiety. Members are entitled to use the facilities of the gender that they self-identify as," it says.
When asked if these facilities included toilets, changing rooms and showers, a Guides spokeswoman told The Mail on Sunday: "That is correct."
Julie Bentley, chief executive of the Girl Guides, claimed the move was to comply with equality laws; however, this interpretation of the law is disputed.
In 2015, Girlguiding U.K. published gender guidelines that claimed that "about 1 per cent of people are transgender or trans."
But earlier this month, a professor at a controversial "gender identity" clinic for children said that just "one child born in every 20,000" experiences transsexual feelings.
Professor Gary Butler, clinical lead at the UK Gender Identity Development Service, stressed that it is "incredibly rare" for children to 'question their gender'.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details