The government's aim of making it easier to "change sex" will cause harm to children, a Times columnist has warned.
Clare Foges said: "Replacing 'boy' and 'girl' with a menu of dozens of identities only adds to children's anxiety."
At the weekend, Equalities Minister Justine Greening announced that the Gender Recognition Act would be reviewed, saying "intrusive" medical checks should be removed.
Foges described Greening's announcement as "idiotic" and added that children "are being led to believe that gender is simply a lifestyle choice".
"It is asserted that we all sit somewhere along a spectrum of gender identity, and can float between maleness and femaleness. Anatomy is irrelevant. Psychology trumps biology.
"This is the new orthodoxy, now given the seal of government approval by Greening's proposal."
The government has said it wants to "streamline and de-medicalize the process for changing gender".
But Foges believes, "we must urgently give more thought to the effect of such a radical change on children, too, the messages it sends and the confusion it sows".
She concluded: "Our guiding instinct in these matters must be kindness. But we must be very careful that in seeking to support the tiny minority of children who feel trapped in the wrong body we do not create a world of confusion and anxiety for the rest."
Invasion of Privacy
The Christian Institute's Simon Calvert has warned that the government's plans threaten the privacy of women.
He told the Daily Mail: "Allowing men to self-identify as female without any medical diagnosis allows them to invade the privacy of women and girls.
"Where this policy has been tried in the US, women and young girls have experienced the fear and humiliation of finding themselves sharing toilet and changing facilities with men.
"Transgender people aren't the only people with rights. Women have rights too."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details